Jun
19

Food Fantasy buffet to close on July 3 as The Star Gold Coast adds Harvest restaurant to menu

Gold Coast Bulletin

THE Gold Coast’s best-known buffet is set to close as the The Star plants the seed for another premium dining venue.

Food Fantasy at The Star Gold Coast will close its doors following breakfast on July 3 — after the property hosts The Logies — to undergo a complete redesign and expansion.

The makeover will see the popular venue adopt branding and design cues from its sister venue at The Star Sydney and reopen as Harvest Buffet in time for summer.

The project includes construction of a new state-of-the-art kitchen and new entrance, which will help add more than 100 extra seats to the restaurant to take its capacity to 500 seats.

 

An artist’s impression of the new-look Harvest Buffet which will replace Food Fantasy at The Star Gold Coast in time for summer. Picture: Supplied.

 

Garden Kitchen & Bar will open for buffet breakfast daily during the refurbishment while Food Quarter, which opened in December, will also serve a basic breakfast menu.

The Star Entertainment Group managing director Queensland Geoff Hogg said Food Fantasy was one of the Coast property’s most popular venues.

 

A new state-of-the-art kitchen and new entrance will take Harvest Buffet’s capacity to 500 seats when it opens in the space previously occupied by Food Fantasy. Picture: Supplied.

 

“Significant planning has gone into designing a bright and inviting space that will pay homage to everything diners love about the current venue, but with an even greater capacity and enhanced offering,” he said.

The new Harvest Buffet will become the 12th venue launched as part of The Star’s landmark

transformation, which has so far included the award-winning restaurants Kiyomi, Cucina Vivo and Garden Kitchen & Bar and rooftop restaurant and bar Nineteen at The Star.

 

Luchetti Krelle, the architecture and interior designers responsible for Kiyomi, Cucina Vivo, Mei Wei Dumplings and M & G Café and Bar, have also overseen the Harvest Buffet design. Picture: Supplied.

 

Luchetti Krelle, the architecture and interior designers responsible for Kiyomi, Cucina Vivo, Mei Wei Dumplings and M & G Café and Bar, have also overseen the Harvest Buffet design.

The venue will feature lush planting, cabana-style canopies, a luxe private dining room, timber and natural stone, mint, blush and brass finishes and poolside views through floor to ceiling glass.

 

The Star Entertainment Group managing director Queensland Geoff outside the Garden Kitchen and Bar, one of 11 premium dining offerings opened so far as part of The Star Gold Coast’s landmark transformation. Picture Glenn Hampson.

 

The buffet will serve seasonal Australian produce with a carvery station, fresh seafood and a dessert display with a custom-designed chocolate fountain.

“We made a promise to continually revolutionise how we deliver exceptional, high-end food

experiences to our guests, and ultimately our city, and I’m confident this will be one of our most exciting venue transformations yet,” Mr Hogg said.

Early birds can farewell Food Fantasy at its final seating — breakfast from 6.30am to 10am on July 3.

 

Source: 15 June 2018 https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/business/star-gold-coast-expansion-china-boom-coming-we-need-more-hotels/news-story/18781beefaef43c0566213eda31182e4

Leave a Reply